Novaquark currently develops Dual Universe, an ambitious and continuous single-shard sandbox MMORPG. Taking place in a vast Sci-Fi universe, the game focuses on emergent gameplay with player-driven in-game economy, politics, trade, and warfare. Players can freely modify the voxel-based universe by creating structures, spaceships, or giant orbital stations, giving birth to empires and civilizations. The company developed several proprietary technologies like its innovative Continuous Single-Shard Cluster (CSSC) server solution, as well as a state-of-the-art voxel engine and procedural generation tools. Dual Universe successfully ran the 3rd largest worldwide Kickstarter campaign for a video game in 2016.
Formed by veterans from Sony, Apple, Aldebaran Robotics and more, Novaquark is recruiting the best talents to help make Dual Universe a reality.
The UI/UX Expert/Director is responsible for the ease of play of the game: the strategy to ensure game ergonomics early on and then effectively respond to player feedback by relying on application projects, tools, accessibility and signs and feedback. We value a scientific approach to UX, inspired by neuroscience, cognitive psychology and computer science models. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding in these fields.
You will work in close collaboration with the game’s core team, the UI team, the level design team and the creative director.
- Design logic, layout and flow the game’s user interfaces including HUD, menus, and lobby based on information architecture and accessibility principles;
- Ensure that signs and feedback clearly communicate the game information based on best practices in accessibility;
- Ensure optimal interaction feedback and minimal control latency;
- Advise game designers to determine the best controls and inputs to support game features for a fluid and consistent player experience;
- Create functional prototypes for rapid iteration;
- Follow-up on the final implementation of all features to ensure the proper execution of the user experience and design;
- Create an optimal interface layout plan;
- Ensure that the interface arrangement accounts for localization constraints;
- Advise team members, contribute to knowledge sharing, set realistic objectives and seek challenges and experiential opportunities;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant experience in the video game industry, specifically as a senior game designer, a UX designer, a UI designer, an industrial designer, an ergonomist or a 3C programmer.
- Ability to use a business- and user-centric, as well as science-based approach to design;
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and design exceptional user experiences;
- Understanding of lean UX concepts and the ability to work within a continuous flow environment (ability to think holistically while building and learning iteratively);
- Ability to create functional prototypes and human-machine interaction guides;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
If you are interested, please send us your CV at: email@example.com