As a Production Manager, you will help to break down a game vision into a roadmap of achievable milestones, and concentrate the day-to-day efforts of a group of production team members to reach them.
the game is co-developed by Novaquark Paris and Novaquark Montreal. You will report to the Executive Producer located in Paris.
You’re responsible for defining, planning, prioritizing, communicating, and tracking project deliverables.
You have a wide perspective of the production floor: a realistic grasp of our capabilities, thorough understanding of interdependencies, knowledge of the actionable steps to get to our goals, and awareness of where to focus our energy.
You see to it that your team is prepared and able to ship quality features and content.
- Partner with the core team to understand the overall game vision & requirements.
- Define and plan the project scope of your specific deliverables (including QA and Localization), creating the production schedule and developing strategies.
- Regularly meet with your team to allocate tasks, discuss progress and setbacks, communicate milestones, prioritize deliverables, present updates, address concerns, give direction, gather feedback, etc.
- Track, monitor, and analyze the production schedule; rescoping & adjusting your strategies when need be.
- Provide your team with all they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (documentation, tools, pipelines, reviews, communication channels, etc.).
- Organize the approval and debugging of deliverables + keep team leads up to date on progress and issues.
- Sync up with other production managers to ensure consistency, remove blockers, and mitigate risks.
- Prepare and evaluate post-mortems to continuously improve our production processes.
- At least 3-5 years of management experience or related experience (experience in the video game industry or as a scrum master an asset)
- Good knowledge of the Google Suite and with JIRA
- Excellent knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to balance shifting short-term priorities and long-term goals
- A highly collaborative, attentive, empathetic, and solution-oriented spirit
- Excellent time management, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Critical thinking, curiosity, resourcefulness, and plenty of flexibility
NOTE: the position is locted in Montreal, Quebec. The candidate must be allowed to work in Canada/Quebec. No work permit sponsorship will be offered.