Novaquark currently develops Dual Universe, an ambitious and continuous single-shard sandbox MMORPG. Taking place in a vast Sci-Fi universe, the game focuses on emergent gameplay with player-driven in-game economy, politics, trade, and warfare. Players can freely modify the voxel-based universe by creating structures, spaceships, or giant orbital stations, giving birth to empires and civilizations. The company developed several proprietary technologies like its innovative Continuous Single-Shard Cluster (CSSC) server solution, as well as a state-of-the-art voxel engine and procedural generation tools. Dual Universe successfully ran the 3rd largest worldwide Kickstarter campaign for a video game in 2016.
Formed by veterans from Sony, Apple, Aldebaran Robotics and more, Novaquark is recruiting the best talents to help make Dual Universe a reality.
We are looking for a talented and passionate Marketing Artist. In this role, you will be at the forefront of the communication around Dual Universe, a groundbreaking sci-fi MMO which is about to shatter boundaries of video games and entertainment. We’re looking for an avid video game player and a die-hard sci-fi fan who will share the same passion for Dual Universe as our developers and our community, and will be excited about creating visuals to promote the game.
In this role, you will touch upon many aspects of our promotional activities, both online and offline, and ensure that our visual material is consistent, exciting, and most of all, true to the game and its world.
This position is based in Montreal and reports to the Marketing and Communication Manager.
- Upon request, primarily from the marketing team, prepare visuals to be used in various channels (website, emails, leaflets, etc.), based on existing key arts, screenshots, concept arts, or your own compositions
- Optimize promotional visuals to communicate the agreed-upon messages and to take into account the limitations of the channels they will be posted on
- Ensure consistency with the visual language, tone, and art direction of the game throughout all delivered creatives
- When needed, establish a visual language for the marketing imagery, and formalize it in clear and understandable internal documentation
- Use the game tools to capture screenshots of the game with the best possible compositions
- Propose, and execute when agreed upon, ideas for visual social media and web content, in close collaboration with the marketing team
- Propose improvements to the visuals used to promote the game or the studio, and propose new ideas
- Report any blockers, issues, or limitations preventing you from hitting your deadlines or hitting the high standards we aim for
- If you have the right experience, design or modify the design of web pages and emails.
- Mastery of image editing software such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ideally, at least one significant prior work experience using the above software, and/or relevant graphic design education / training
- Knowledge of compression and image formats, image optimization, and print requirements
- An eye for image composition; you know how to design an image to communicate messages and to convey the world of a brand
- A passion for, and a deep knowledge of, video games
- A life-long interest for sci-fi. You’ve seen all the movies, you’ve read all the books, and you know how to create visuals which appeal to sci-fi fans
- Excellent teamwork
- A capacity to welcome feedback and adapt your work accordingly - but also to defend it with clear arguments when it’s necessary
- The capacity to auto-manage your workload and achieve your deadlines without being micromanaged
- Excellent written and oral communication in English; French a big plus.
- Additional, non-mandatory skills which are nice addition to the job:
- Ideally, some experience in web design
- Experience using After Effects (or equivalent motion graphics software)
- Knowledge and experience using any 3D software.
If you are interested, please send us your CV at: email@example.com