With the Alpha 3 just around the corner, we’ve been hard at work showcasing some of the awesome new features to expect in the January update and beyond. December was such an action-packed week that we had to split up our Dev Diary into two parts!
Last week, we released a Dev Diary that highlights some of the graphical changes you can expect, including:
- All-new space lighting, which will improve the look of the game, as well as provide more vision to constructs in space (we are still tweaking this)
- Procedurally-generated textures, which is an internal research project aimed at giving a greater level of realism to all in-game assets
- UI changes, which will make the game more readable and vastly improve player experience
It’s important to note that these features are still a work in progress, and we are fine-tuning them for future releases. Once finalized, however, not only will they greatly enhance the game’s overall appearance, but will also improve the quality of life for new players and veterans alike. You can check that out by watching the link below.
Our second Dev Diary, which focuses on gameplay changes and features, looks at the following features:
- Surface gathering, which will allow players to turn trees, rocks, and vegetation into usable, common materials
- Industry changes, which cover the addition of new ores and products, an all-new crafting system, specialized industry units, and two new industry modes
- Changes to piloting, including a new mouse control scheme, piloting customization options, and changes to make it more fun and engaging
With such a highly ambitious title as Dual Universe, these new features will help us realize our vision for the game. We hope that you enjoy watching the Dev Diary, and we can’t wait to show you what we’ve been working hard on for next month’s Alpha 3 release! And for those attentive viewers who watch movies until the post-credits, we may have added a fun little teaser in there for you!